Situated in Hammarsdale, KZN – textile fabric weaver and manufacturer
- The textile industry is evolving. In many countries around the world, the traditional Textile mill is being replaced with technical weavers and offer SMART fabrics. This has been the Gelvenor way for the last 20 years. Their self-repair cloth, polymorphic breathable or electroluminescent developments, are all examples of their Technical capabilities in design. Then again the ultra low liquor, low energy dyeing system, developed by Gelvenor Textiles, sets them apart from the norm!
- They pride themselves on the dynamic paradigm that has shaped their present. They are evolving to their newly installed, state of the art manufacturing machines from leading machine builders as well as monitoring and control systems.
- But Gelvenor is more than just a textile mill.
- Their in-house training facilities will be extended to offer a range of learning opportunities for inter alia, would be textile technicians, retailers, customers and official organizations. In 2011, they floated their ISO 17025 laboratory. This will allow them to assure their products to give customers peace of mind that the fabric being used is the right choice. They are also re-affirming their commitment to the environment, by actively pursuing a water-wise policy and at the same time, reducing the carbon footprint within the processing.
- Gelvenor is compliant at level 7 BBBEE Code.
Tel: +2731 736 8000